This web page contains an embedded gallery made with the LightGallery skin. No iframes are used: it is created by copying 3 or 4 sections from the album index
file generated by the jAlbum program.
These sections are indicated by html comment lines:
- Section <!-- Embedded gallery Start / End of copy section 1 --> should replace the html code starting at <!DOCTYPE html> up to and including the <body> tag. You can of course also selectively merge the contents of your existing
website with the contents of this section.
- Section <!-- Embedded gallery Start / End of copy section 2 --> should be placed somewhere between the 1st and 3th section at the place where you like to show the gallery. In this example it is placed below this first text section.
- Section <!-- Embedded gallery Start / End of map section --> should be placed after Section <!-- Embedded gallery End of copy section 2 --> if the 'Show location button' check-mark is checked.
- Section <!-- Embedded gallery Start / End of copy section 3 --> should replace the last two tags of your web page: the </body> and the </html> tag.
It is advised to use the following jAlbum /skin settings:
- Change on the jAlbum Advanced / Naming page the contents of text field Index page name in for example album, if you like to use the filename index.htm or index.html for your web page.
You can also delete the jAlbum index file after you copied the 3 sections.
- Set on the LightGallery General tab check-mark Disable viewer settings.
- Select on the LightGallery General tab a 100% transparent Page background color.
- Enter the extra css code for your web page in the css code box on the LightGallery Web page tab.
- Set on the LightGallery Index page / General options Show never in the Top row of buttons group and Hide Album title in the Show Album title group.
- Set on the LightGallery Index page / Footer tab check-mark Remove footer fields code, to avoid conflicts in embedded albums.
Upload your web page to the same directory as used for the jAlbum index page. It is recommended to upload the whole web page folder with an FTP program like FileZilla, so that also files not used by jAlbum, like special images in the webpage
which are not processed by jAlbum, are uploaded.
You can make this web page also with two inc-files:
- Use as index page name 'index'.
- Save the special html code above the gallery in file page-header_1.inc
- Save the special html codebelow the gallery in file page-footer_0.inc.
- Put the extra css code in the css code block of the 'Web page' tab.
Using inc-files has the advantage that after a new version of the skin, the album has only to be re-made and uploaded to use the new version code.
p>You can also embed a LightGallery light-box into your web page, see this example page